UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP
We have moved! Uterusdidelphyshelp.com will be back up and running soon.

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > Your Questions > Trouble getting pregnant

Laura

My husband and I have been trying to concieve since December 2010, and we finally got caught 11 cycles later but sadly miscarried last December. We have been trying since but haven't got caught yet.

I've had day 3 & day 21 blood tests which all came back "good/normal" - this afternoon I'm going for an ultrasound to have a look at what's going on, then going back to see the consultant  in December.

Does anyone have any advice?

I'm finding it super hard month after month. :(

--

October 26, 2012 at 7:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Laura
No one wants to help? Many are reading & running :(
--

December 28, 2012 at 5:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lauren

hi laura my hubby and i have also been ttc for a year and a half, on top of uterus didelphys i also have PCOS. i had the cysts removed a month ago, and the gynae said he also removed "a bit " of endometriosis.  its hard dealing withb all of this, we can only pray . i really need to talk to ther people who have been through or are going through this 

January 5, 2013 at 9:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mandie

Hey Laura, this is my first post on here... of all the things I have read about UD, it seems that it shouldn't make getting pregnant any harder than a regular person. I know for me, I have a tiny septum almost covering my left cervix (gynos haven't caught it until recently). So if my left overy is the one ovulating that month, I won't get pregnant because my right cervix is more exposed. So, maybe there is an underlying reason besides the UD. 

January 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Laura

Thank you so much for your replies Lauren and Mandie.

Lauren - I'm happy to talk anytime. It's so dificult to deal with, I've wanted children all of my life & I feel like I  have hit a brick wall and don't know what to do. 

I am supposed to be going for an MRI scan to confirm I have UD (because the hospitals haven't transferred all of the correct notes) and the consultant at my last appointment said "I hope for your sake you don't have UD" which has haunted me ever since :(

--

January 28, 2013 at 6:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LolaM

I had several ultra sounds, an mri and physical exams, all showing 2 complete, functioning uteri. I have 2 of everything. I also spent years on BCP which caused me a LPD, and my ovaries were small. but i was given femara and it worked great for my LPD but still no pregnancies. We tried several IUIs and those were also unsucessfull, so we are moving on to adoption, as IVF is too damned expensive for us,so my husband will have to suffer with out a child with his genes.

April 28, 2013 at 12:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kelsey D.

My husband and I have also been trying to get pregnent since 2010. Nothing has happened yet.. Although he was gone overseas, two deployments at 7 months each, between then and now. I also am not a healthy weight to even be pregnent at the moment for fear of a high risk pregnancy. Also, I know my hormones are out of wack, mostly due to my extra weight (I also think I might have PCOS, but have never gotten that comfirmed).

So you aren't alone Laura, others have been trying and failing. I guess its how things go sometimes. You just have to take it as is. As much as I want a family of my own, I know that if it comes to it, I'd be willing to adopt. There are so many children out there that are in need of a loving, caring family.

--

*Former Marine Corps Wife

*Current WyoTech Wife

Here's to a better future *cheers*

April 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LolaM

I agree, with adoption i KNOW ill get a child, with IVF, its more not guaranteed.

May 1, 2013 at 1:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kaylahjj

I have double uterus and double cervix and 1 kidney. I found out when I was born about the one kidney and when I was 12 about the UD. My husband and I have been TTC for two years now and it took a long time to understand my cycles. I two had a great reaction to Femera. I also have PCOS and endometriosis. I had my endometriosis removed two months ago and am on my second IUI TWW. We are also in the adoption process. This is by far the hardest most emotionally draining subject in my life. I find it hard to be happy for everyone around me that is pregnant or has 4 kids and complains about them. We have never been pregnant so we have not been through the emotions of miscarriage. I am very sorry for your loss and wish you all the luck. I would have them check your progesterone levels next time you are pregnant to help sustain your pregnancy and also see a high risk OBGYN instead of a regular. THey also can test your blood to see if it is too thick...My coworker had to take a baby asprin every day and it thinned her blood enough to carry her baby to term.

August 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kturbes3

My gynocologist explained to me that the hardest thing about TTC with UD is that it is very hard to determine which ovary is ovulating, therefore, making it difficult to try various methods of TTC. But she did tell me that my best option would be to track my cycles for a few months so I can pinpoint when ovulation would occurr for me. Then, for each of the 5 days before AND 5 days after my expected ovulation date she advised that after having sexual intercourse, to prop my hips up on a pillow, just like she advises other women to do when they are TTC, but for me, I was supposed to alternate propping one side of my hips higher than the other side (so first time I would prop my left hip a bit higher, then the next time the right hip and so on). She said this was the only natural, safe way to increase our odds of the sperm reaching the egg no matter which side it may be on. Hope this helps for you as well! I have a 7 year old son, and a 1yr old daughter who were conceived with this method lol. Good luck!

August 2, 2013 at 2:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.